Saturday, January 02, 2016

Obrigado

So this is the new year...

... and actually, Ben, I do feel feel something different.

I try not to put any stock into the turning of another calendar page, but I'd like to think something about this new year has a different texture to it. 

I'd like to think I've glimpsed something of the fragility of things that reminds me to be grateful.  Friendships that drifted, entanglements irrevocably untangled, loves left or lost - they all mattered, and if I didn't appreciate them or that time when the verbs were still present tensed, or even after when they were passed and past, I'd like to think in the semi-infinite timeline of the universe, it's not to late to express my gratitude to it and them.

I'd also like to think that last paragraph made sense.

Somewhere in my brain, it did. 

All the words, but it all eventually comes down to:

Thank you.

No comments:

Template tweaks courtesy of The Blogger Guide